top of page

Female character art, testing

I've put the female character art in the game finally! This has been a long time coming and something that has really bugged me since the Kickstarter campaign a year ago. Probably the most obvious unfinished visual thing for me as the dev. Anyway, you can check it out on the last Kickstarter update.

Aside from that, I'm almost through all the remaining dev needed for testing. The main thing left to finish the connection between local and global pathfinding. Even though the system itself is done, this is a bit of a challenge and hard to say if it'll be a few days or a fair bit more of an issue. In either case, testing does feel very close.

It's still very much a testing build though despite the amount of content in the game. A few critical features aren't in yet. Probably the most noticeable one is game saving. I have worked a fair bit on this but it's just not there yet and would delay testing too much. So saving will be one of the first things I tackle once testing gets under way.

Things are exciting though! As such a complicated game it has taken time but I'm starting to see all the small details start to work. For example, I finished off the farmhouse the other day, and all the character management details I've already put in meant I could create some great deep/realistic behaviour very easily.

Once testing gets under way I'll also probably create another gameplay video as I haven't updated that in a while (testing has been the priority).

Generally though, everything is feeling pretty good! I'm excited to see what the next few months bring - hopefully we'll see other cities start to come together and the world deepen!

Single post: Blog_Single_Post_Widget
bottom of page